Historical War Militaria Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bart V.

Show us your Iron Cross Award Documents

Here is of of mine : an interessant print of Maximilian Verlag, accorded to a member of FJR 15 after Normandy campaign. Already showed here, in the past.

Nice variant. I have an EK I version of this citation and have also seen a Wound Badge version as well.

Thanks. It's one of my favorite print.

There are also the Erdkampf Abz. der Lw and the Afrika cufftitle. All the FJR 15 award documents I have seen, all signed between september and october 44 are of the same print.

Here is of of mine : an interessant print of Maximilian Verlag, accorded to a member of FJR 15 after Normandy campaign. Already showed here, in the past.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Excellent print, thanks for sharing it in this thread. Is it a dark(er) paper - as you notice the other Urkunde are on lighter colored paper - or is it just because of the scanner?

9 hours ago, Bart V. said:

Is it a dark(er) paper - as you notice the other Urkunde are on lighter colored paper - or is it just because of the scanner?

Yes, it's the result of scan.

One to a member of Sturm-Pionier-Btl 43. Unfortunately the signature of von Kluge has faded but the citation has the man's actions typed up on the reverse.

• Like 1

On 17-9-2016 at 0:30 PM, Kevin H said:

This one is to a civilian, the II Officer aboard the blockade runner 'Tannenfels'. This would of been awarded for the war cruise she had undertaken which involved resupplying numerous commerce raiders, including Admiral Scheer, before going alongside Bordeaux in April 1941. Tannenfels would be one of the ships damaged in the famous 'Cockleshell Heros' raid (Operation Frankton) on the port in 1942.

Here is a webpage about Tannenfels and includes an image of this citation - Tannenfels

Signed by Werner Ehrhardt

Hi Kevin,

for the sake of interest,here is an original photo I have of the Tannenfels.

It came as part of a grouping I have from a crewman of the HK Stier.

The Tannenfels picked up the survivors of the HK Stier after she was sunk on Sept.27 1942 by the US Liberty Ship Stephen Hopkins.With only a few losses the crew of the Stier were safely returned to Bordeaux by Tannenfels.

Cheers,Martin.

• Like 1

Hi Martin,

ship 16 is missing :-)

regards Walle

• Like 2

Excellent document together with the Iron Cross 2nd Class Award document, together they form a real piece of history! Especially such late war ones from the Western Front. Martin, also big thanks for sharing some precious KM Awards document of the EK2. This is becoming an excellent thread. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2016 at 0:50 PM, BCD4 said:

Hi Martin,

ship 16 is missing :-)

regards Walle

Walle:  Your documents are great.  You have a very sizable Mang Nachlass correct?  This is only the fourth EK2 document from Atlantis I have seen in either form.  It is fantastic that you have both!

Joe

On 23-9-2016 at 6:50 PM, BCD4 said:

I must have clicked a wrong button or something, I tried to reply to the entire thread in a new reply, but everytime I click reply, the only option I have is to repy as a quote to Walle's post.  Sorry I have no idea what I did.

Kevin H:  That Admiral Scheer on-board certificate and the homemade ribbon are both simply amazing!  Thanks for posting. (The only other on board produced EK2 ribbons I have seen before were produced aboard Komet.  These were thin, pliable strips of metal which were then painted to replicate ribbons.)

That Tannenfels early document is stunning.  Given all the history that ship was involved in, this early document is great to see.

For the thread, I only have one contribution to add right now.  This EK2 certificate was previously published and shown online by the former owner, I want to hold some items as unpublished in the hopes I can release a future reference work or on-line research page.

Joe

@ Walle:

I am a knucklehead....!  I **NOW** see your documents are from two different crewmen. My attention to detail is still a bit fuzzy this morning as I shake off Saturday night's beers. In correction, I've seen your two documents, and three others-- for a total of five known Atlantis documents.

Joe

Not as spectacular as all those Marine EK2 documents but it also belongs here. It is part of a larger group and the signature is from Gruppenführer Walter Krüger.

• Like 2

Another Waffen-SS one from a set and signed by Josef 'Sepp' Dietrich.

• Like 2

Another Waffen-SS one and this time signed by Paul 'Papa' Hausser

• Like 2

And one more Waffen-SS related one and this time signed by Felix Steiner

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this