Historical War Militaria Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bart V.

Show us your Iron Cross Award Documents

Alright, the last ones from my collection for now...

Unit: Unknown, but other documents linked to this citation clearly show Schmidt served with a Flak unit (in 1945 with Flak Abteilung 911 at Remagen)

Awarded for action in/at: Western Front (exact location unknown due to missing unit information)

Signature: Otto Deßloch

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Unit: Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 13, 5. Fallschirmjäger-Division

Awarded for action in/at: St. Lo/Normandy

Signature: Gustav Wilke

Unit: Grenadier-Regiment 1034, 59. Infanterie-Division

Awarded for action in/at: Rhineland/Roer area

Signature: Walter Poppe 

Unit: Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 3, 1. Fallschirmjäger-Division

Awarded for action in/at: Monte Cassino

Signature: Richard Heidrich (stamped)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, matthias_AC said:

Unit: Nachrichten-Abteilung 246, 246. Volksgrenadier-Division

Awarded for action in/at: Aachen area

Signature: List

That one is signed by Peter Körte rather than List.

1 minute ago, Kevin H said:

That one is signed by Peter Körte rather than List.

That could well be... this is one of the documents I didn´t do much research on so far, I just quickly looked up the commanders on Lexikon der Wehrmacht last night and found List as the only Oberst (but the date doesn´t match). I thought the signature didn´t look like List... my apologies!

Actually, I find LDW quite confusing and inaccurate from time to time... Some information is very disputing, dates and places of action are wrong and commanding officers are listed incorrectly... all in all not a very reliable source, as many only online sources, but a collector cannot have books on every unit he has documents of, thats just impossible for several reasons. I am trying my best to build up a reasonably library, but some books are just really hard to get, others are very expensive, and some on some units there is not even a reference available.

Look whats been in the mail today....!

Unit: Artillerie-Regiment 1080, 180. Infanterie-Division

Awarded for action in/at: Lower Rhine/Venlo area

Signature: Bernhard Klosterkemper

Interesting citation for a Waffenoffizier!

• Like 1

One awarded to an airman involved in the Fallschirmjäger drops over The Netherlands in May 1940.

Signed by Friedrich-Wilhelm Morzik.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kevin H said:

One awarded to a former member of the Gestapo, fighting with Hohenstaufen in Normandy 1944 (Set shown here - Gestapo/Hohenstaufen Set )

Signed by Thomas Müller.

Stunning, rare and much sought after citation!

15 minutes ago, matthias_AC said:

Stunning, rare and much sought after citation!

Thank you for the comment. If you liked that then you will certainly like the rest of his citations. The previous link was for his Wehrpass, this one is for the other paperwork in the set. Gestapo/Hohenstaufen Citations

Another citation of 246. VGD...

Unit: Artillerie-Regiment 246, 246. Volksgrenadier-Division

Awarded for action in/at: Ardennes/Eifel

Signature: Generalmajor Walter Kühn (mit der Führung beauftragt)

Notice the differences and congruities with the other 246. VGD citation I posted... same stamp, but different typewriter used.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Meisenhelter said:

Nice Ian, was that part of an extensive group for sale on Weitze ?

Yes it was.....they were going to split the uniform and paperwork up as originally I thought it wasn't his uniform as in the Soldbuch he was only a Feldwebel. He was hospitalised with tuberculosis December 1943 and the only entries in the Soldbuch after that date are on the hospital and leave pages. However it came with a promotion document to Oberfeldwebel whilst in hospital and you can see the award loops match with the photo.....different when you have it in hand!

So of course I could not let it be split so made them an offer....the cap was crushed somewhat and dirty so gave it a quick brush and restored the broken cap stiffener....well put it back in place!

Very happy with the group :smile:

9 hours ago, Ian Jewison said:

Yes it was.....they were going to split the uniform and paperwork up as originally I thought it wasn't his uniform as in the Soldbuch he was only a Feldwebel. He was hospitalised with tuberculosis December 1943 and the only entries in the Soldbuch after that date are on the hospital and leave pages. However it came with a promotion document to Oberfeldwebel whilst in hospital and you can see the award loops match with the photo.....different when you have it in hand!

So of course I could not let it be split so made them an offer....the cap was crushed somewhat and dirty so gave it a quick brush and restored the broken cap stiffener....well put it back in place!

Well done! Thats what separates the diligent and serious collector from those who just care about items!  

22 hours ago, Ian Jewison said:

Yeah that is such a great and complete group,  I considered buying it myself. A good catch indeed

Hello,

First participation in this forum which seems to me interesting, particularly for my domain of preference : documents relative to the German army.

Here is a document handed to Cholm in a member of IR 386, surviving of the Festung, on May 20th, 1942. Document signed by Oberst Viktor Lang, commander of 218. Infanterie-Division.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

• Like 2

Hello,

New document which takes us in Karelia, between Russia and Finland. Several units of the German army which fought with Finn were along the river Svir (Swir in German) in front of Russian troops at this end of year 1941. IR 310 which was a part of 163. ID was one of these. This Unteroffizier was decorated with EK2 in October, 1941 while he participated in the fights of this sector, between the lake Ladoga and the lake Omega. His diploma was signed by Generalleutnant Erwin Engelbrecht, commander of 163. ID. Stamp FP nr 00 216 corresponds to Kdo. 163. ID.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

• Like 1

Hello,

Document attributed late, in April 17th, 1945, to a man of Grenadier Regiment 1120, unit of 553. Volks-Grenadier-Division. This document is signed by the Generalmajor Gerhard Hüther.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

• Like 2

Hello,

Document awarded to a member of Sturmbootkommando 906. This unit of pioneer was connected with 61. Infanterie-Division in September, 1941 to allow the conquest of several islands off Estonia, in September the island of Worms and of Ösel then in October that of Dagö during the operation Siegfried from 12 till 21 October 1941, to see current events of time : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QsRci3Avws

This diploma EK2 was awarded further to this operation and wears the signature of Generalleutnant Siegfried Hänicke, commander of 61. Infanterie-Division.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this