Historical War Militaria Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bart V.

Show us your Iron Cross Award Documents

Oh, hi Polux, good to see you here :smile:

The one given in Cholm is certainly special.

Attached anotherone of mine. Not so special but I like it because of the sloppy style - I guess they had other things to worry about then.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

@Polux, thanks for sharing these EK2 documents I especially like the Cholm, Karelia and late war 553. VGD (which fought in the lower Elsass) award docs, think @matthias_AC may also like the 553. VGD one. Thanks for sharing them with us. Hope to see more of your collection!

Hello,

Michael : thank you for your message. The world of the collection is small :wink: The document Cholm is a part of a group with the diploma Cholm :smile: Interesting document of 3. GD, signed Klatt for the fights in Hungary :thumbsup:
Bart: thank you for your message. I shall not miss to participate in the forum but I also wait for a sharing of the other members.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Welcome to the forum Polux. Great selection of EK II citations, with the Narvik one especially standing out for me. You just don't tend to see many Norway 1940 related citations apart from ones for the Narvikschild.

Welcome Polux ! Very happy to see you here and to see some parts of your great collection. :thumbup: It will be impossible to me to show as much as you !

On 19.2.2017 at 7:47 PM, Bart V. said:

think @matthias_AC may also like the 553. VGD one. Thanks for sharing them with us. Hope to see more of your collection!

I actually do! I´ve had an EK1 citation of the exact same regiment a few years ago, also signed by Hüther, but dated a bit earlier (Nov 1944, I think it was).... a well-known collector contacted me on WAF and said he owned more documents of the soldiers the EK1 citation belonged to, and when he provided evidence by showing the documents I decided to help re-unite the group and traded the citation for two beautiful Western Front EK2-citations.

Thanks for showing!

Hello,

Thank you for your messages. L76 :wink::wink::smile: 

Now diploma EK2 delivered in a member of AR 13, the unit of 13. ID (dissolved in October, 1940). Document signed by the Generalleutnant Friedrich-Wilhelm von Rotkirch und Panthen while this unit was in a locality of the department of the Savoy, Aix-les-Bains, a few kilometers away from my place of residence :wink::smile:

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Nice additions, Pie and Polux ! This thread is very interesting.

Here is one other of mine, related to 346.ID and Normandie battle. Very similar of one showed by Matthias AC.

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks L76, very beautiful document of 346. ID with the signature of Diestel.

Here is now a unique model of diploma printed in the fortress of Dunkirk/Dünkirchen. This document was awarded to a member of a unit of transmission in December, 1944. The stamp affixed on this document is the one of 226. ID but the signature is the one of commander of the Festung Dünkirchen, Vizeadmiral Friedrich Frisius. 

Cordial greetings.

Polux

• Like 2

Hello,

Now an another document, presented under another shape (landscape). This document was awarded during the campaign of France to a man of IR 489, unit of 269. ID. This document was signed by the Generalmajor Ernst-Eberhard Hell. 

Cordial greetings.

Polux

• Like 1

Hello,

L76 : thank you for your message :wink:

Here is an enlargement of the document.

It is necessary to note that the armistice between France and Germany was signed June 22nd, 1940 after two days of discussion. But the come into force of this armistice has to be made only after the signature of that between Italy and France, signed on June 24th at 6:35 am. The cease-fire comes into effect six hours later, that is at 0:35 am June 25th, 1940. The date of June 25th, 1940 mentioned on this document EK1 is thus correct.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

• Like 1

That is certainly the first time I have seen such a notice on any EK citation, let alone EK I.

One to the U-Boat commander Heinz-Ehlert Clausen (U-403)

• Like 2

One from a set - awarded in early October 1939 to a lowly Schützen.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this