Historical War Militaria Forum
Mathijs T.

Nachlass SS-Standartenführer Mühlenkamp

Hi guys,

Seems I had not yet posted one of my first (SS) KC groups I ever obtained ( way back in 2010 ).

Some of the 1957 awards belonging to Johannes-Rudolf Mühlenkamp, Standartenführer of the famous 5/SS Panzer Divison "Wiking".

As to his accomplishments, I can refer to this site : http://en.ww2awards.com/person/13706

Also, there is a two volume book written on him, of which I luckily own both volumes.

Not sure where ( or if any out there ) the other 57er awards ended up with, but I was able to obtain three items from same source :

• Gold Wound Badge ( a scarce variant as such )
  • Mini Medal bar
  • Knights Cross ( Schickle ) with oaks

Not sure why I had not yet posted here, but hope you can enjoy the pictures and the history !

Mathijs

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

First up this 57er GWB .... In my opinion the only of its kind ( referring to hardware found on wound badges ).

If anyone cares to jump in and have a go at possible maker, do feel free ... I'm not an expert on this issue.

Next up is this lovely mini medal bar ...... really a gorgeous looking bar with a scarce Croatian awards on it.

• KC with oaks
  • DKiG
  • EK1
  • EK2
  • PAB50
  • GWB
  • Service award ( 4 years )
  • Croatian award ( Order of the Crown King Zvonimir )
  • Ostmedal

But the highlight of the group has to be this Schickle KC with oaks ( my first Schickle ever ).

Both cross and oaks are in great condition, do believe the oaks are St&L ( possible later piece ).

And finishing with two snapshots, which I obtained from another source. Not 100% original, but wartime re-prints of the original picture.

Thanks for looking,

Mathijs

You've some nice 1957 estates, Mathijs! Thanks for sharing these with our Forum. Can't shed any light on the WB but maybe Jan could help a little? 

Mathijs,

Thank you for showing Hannes' 57 material.

I did have that large grouping in my hands before Ron did, I can clearly understand why you are happy with the man's 57 items but it is so sad that such a fantastic grouping did end split up, as it was material from his childhood to his death.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Mathijs,

Thank you for showing Hannes' 57 material.

I did have that large grouping in my hands before Ron did, I can clearly understand why you are happy with the man's 57 items but it is so sad that such a fantastic grouping did end split up, as it was material from his childhood to his death.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

What all belonged to the grouping?

I don't have the original list with items that was once with the grouping.

But too much to mention it all.

Large boxes full with material, from his grandfather (few), his father (few, including ww1 photo-album) and from Hannes.

Soldbuch, SS ID, SS Schrimmütze, SS jacket, original wartime SS PZ.Rgt.5 war-diary, photo-albums, thousands of photos, original maps (with position notes on them), medals and awards, insignias, presents from his men during the war to him, award documents, promotion documents, letter to him from high SS officers and friends etc etc etc.

There is quite a of material on him, much can be seen in the books written on him.

Do not really know the background of how the items got split up, but do know these come from reliable source.

As far as I can remember, I was only offered these 1957 items, no clue what happened to the remaining items.

There is quite a of material on him, much can be seen in the books written on him.

Do not really know the background of how the items got split up, but do know these come from reliable source.

As far as I can remember, I was only offered these 1957 items, no clue what happened to the remaining items.

Hehehehe, it really is a small collecting world Mathijs.

I do know the reliable source, I do know that man for more than 25 years, and the awards you do show us here on the forum are from Mühlenkamp himself.

Before the Mühlenkamp estate went to Ron, everything went first to my place, the seller got it directly from the German man who got it from the Mühlenkamp family (Hannes' sister and Hannes' son).

The background is easy - Ron did split it up himself by selling it to several different people, one of them a dealer who did split up again the part that he bought .

That mini medal bar is still a great eye catcher, it did look great to me at first sight when I opened the first big box in 1990.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

I don't have the original list with items that was once with the grouping.

But too much to mention it all.

Large boxes full with material, from his grandfather (few), his father (few, including ww1 photo-album) and from Hannes.

Soldbuch, SS ID, SS Schrimmütze, SS jacket, original wartime SS PZ.Rgt.5 war-diary, photo-albums, thousands of photos, original maps (with position notes on them), medals and awards, insignias, presents from his men during the war to him, award documents, promotion documents, letter to him from high SS officers and friends etc etc etc.

Sounded like an amazing grouping. Makes me die from the inside really that it's no more together.

Still, a very nice '57 grouping. Quite a few awards there.

In the meantime, I've been able to purchase two more original snapshots, but published in the well known two volume book !

• Like 1

In the meantime, I've been able to purchase two more original snapshots, but published in the well known two volume book !

Thanks for keeping us updated, Mathijs, however feel free to show us. Some may not have seen it. Hope you are doing fine btw?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.