Historical War Militaria Forum
Sign in to follow this  
matthias_AC

Documents 91. Luftlande-Division

Another small, but nice westfront-lot from my collection!

It belongs to a soldier of II./ Pionier-Bataillon 191 which was part of the 91. Infanterie-(Luftlande-)Division and based at Normandy in june 1944. Check the date when the soldier was wounded... ;-) I guess he was injured by american paratroopers of the 101st or 82nd Airborne.

The leaflet is also very cool, it is foldable and mentions 10 statements for every soldier of the 91. luftlande-div. such as the use of light weapons etc.. very interesting!

All the best!

Matthias

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Wound Badge citations tend not to be 'my thing' collecting wise but that one is a real piece of history not just because the D-Day date but also because he was probably wounded, as you say, by the US paratroopers dropped ahead of the invasion. Any chance of seeing more from the Soldbuch?

Wound Badge citations tend not to be 'my thing' collecting wise but that one is a real piece of history not just because the D-Day date but also because he was probably wounded, as you say, by the US paratroopers dropped ahead of the invasion. Any chance of seeing more from the Soldbuch?

sure! any wishes concerning the scans of the soldbuch?

unfortunately the nephew of the vet contacted me a few days ago and asked if he could rebuy his grandfathers items... i think i will give the stuff back to him, i really dont want to take away a families history and i am glad there are still young relatives who are interested in this history. i would be very very sad if i were in his situation and the new owner wouldnt want to give my grandpas stuff back to me.

sure! any wishes concerning the scans of the soldbuch?

unfortunately the nephew of the vet contacted me a few days ago and asked if he could rebuy his grandfathers items... i think i will give the stuff back to him, i really dont want to take away a families history and i am glad there are still young relatives who are interested in this history. i would be very very sad if i were in his situation and the new owner wouldnt want to give my grandpas stuff back to me.

If possible the pages for his units and awards and the photo (if still in place).

That sounds like a very honourable thing you are doing with regards to letting the relative obtain his grandfather's items

I agree with Kevin, it is a honorable thing you will do, Matthias! But is surely is an interesting set.

/Bart

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this