Historical War Militaria Forum

Always nice to see cap badges where they belong, on their original caps.  My 3 FS caps for the 3 main Welch regiments, no offence to the Welsh Guards, but they were only formed during WWI and the others have much longer histories than that.

They are, left to right, Royal Welch Fusiliers -officers coloured FS cap-, the Welch Regiment -OR's FS cap- and the South Wales Borderers -OR's coloured FS cap.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

Jerry,

........you already know......I really like that dragon badge, great example.......and a close up of it is most welcome.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Jerry,

........you already know......I really like that dragon badge, great example.......and a close up of it is most welcome.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Thanks E-J and always glad to see these are appreciated.  I know you really like the RWF silver and bullion dragon, a beautiful badge.

Great caps.   SUPERB :thumbup:

Thanks Dave.

The RWF is an Indian made example and dates to circa 1938 and almost certainly belonged to an officer of the 2nd Battalion who were stationed there at that date.  The Welch is dated 1940 and the cap badge is an unusual variant that has been identified as being used by the 4th (Llanelli) battalion.  The SWB is WWII in style, but is not dated, though interestingly the badge has the owners service number stamped on the slider and he was originally a member of the Monmouthsire regiment.

Jerry got this badge for £7 and its early with this makers mark.Anodised Aluminium, smith and wright.

Jerry got this badge for £7 and its early with this makers mark.Anodised Aluminium, smith and wright.

I have not got into the AA badges, YET, but I will probably try and get one for the 3 regiments!

Very nice example and maker marked as well.  From the 50's I think and has the correct tapered slider typical of this maker, the copies are less tapered.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.