Historical War Militaria Forum
Hans Kondor

Who's there?

Hello guys!

This looks a great place to be !

I have an extensive collection of EK's by maker but I am generally interested in all TR collecting.

Currently buying Kriegsmarine

Kind regards to you all :)

Nick

My first post on this new forum! Thank you for the invite, Bart! :)

My name is Robert, I'm 25 years old and have been collecting small time since I was 15. Having a father born and raised in Narvik in the 50s made my interest blossom from an early age.

I used to collect German Heer awards, but have shifted focus onto Wehrpässe. 19. Panzer Division and KIA Polen 1939 Wehrpässe are my special interests.

I hope to contribute to this forum in some humble way !

• Like 1

Gentlemen,

Great to see some known names and friends here on Bart's new forum.

Being around for a longer time in the collecting world (pre-internet) and on several sites on the internet.

Problem is that my field of collecting interest is a bit too large......although most of it is only old paper.

Uboote, Sboote, and some other Kriegsmarine units, Jagdflieger Tag & Nacht, KG.40 with the Focke-Wulf 200 Condor, some May 1940 for the Netherlands, Battle of the Bulge, signed photos and FDCs.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

Thanks for the invite Bart!

My name is Bjorn I live in Sweden

I have been collecting since 2005 and still have the same goal, getting one award of each. Most people say its a mistake made by most new collector but I still hope it can be done and I have (hopefully) 50 years of collecting left.

I have some problem sticking strictly to my plan as I also like trophies, helmets and edged weapons....

Thats all folks

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Howdie Folks

First of all many thanks to fellow Hans to inviting me to the forum. I have been collecting not so long ago, just since 2010 Jan., nearly on Björn's way, I would like to have at least one of the awards, what I like or from the maker who I prefer. Also a big reason that they need more and more free place :)

It began with a little step, with a KVK2, never thought, that one day I will have for eg. an U-Boot badge or something similar big one (at the first IAB I was really nervous I can say...).

But thanks to Hans and other experienced forum guys I can expand my little collection, even when slowly ^^

See You guys in the threads, dinner is served now :D

Sincerely,

Laszlo

• Like 1

Glad to see you guys and a warm welcome to everyone new (and whom joined already btw)! Laszlo, I wish you good luck hunting for nice badges, with the help of Hans, I don't think it would be a problem.

Laszlo, I love your avatar of Bud Spencer ;) God, I loved the movie I'm in for the Hippopotamus when I was (very) young. Terence Hill and Bud Spencer were an incredible team.

/Bart

Many thanks Bart,

Absolutely right, with the help of good guys on the forum it is easier to hunt original stuff :) I already have some nice badges, I will keep them posting slowly 8H)

Hehhe, yeah, exactly the meaning of Bud Spencer films...a cult...(we grew up on these super films)...and hey, we are still young ;)

Laszlo

I was invited here by Bart. My name is Rik, that's the same username I use on the waf and other forums. I'm collecting for about ten years and i mainly collect luftwaffe badges but am also interested in documents.

I hope I can contribute to this new forum.

Kind regards,

Rik

Hello everyone,

I also came here through Bart, contacted me at WAF. My name is Aram and I live in Holland. On WAF and other forums I am known under the same username. My (collecting) interests are D-Day Soldbucher and visiting places these men fought. :thumbsup:

I hope I can contribute to this new forum and Best Regards,

Aram

Hello everyone i am Kevin and i also got a invitation from Bart, at WAF today

i started to collect in 2010 and my main interest is the wound badge.

But i try to get one from every medal. :D

Hello everybody! My name is Kevin and I am from England (to be more precise East Anglia.) On other forums (ranging from War Relics, WAF to Feldgrau & Axis History) I go by the Username Hucks216. As Hucks was my nickname in my previous career I happily answer to that or my Christian name.

I now work in the rail industry in East Anglia but in 2010 I completed 22 years of service in the Royal Navy so from school-leaving age I spent my life more or less on an ocean wave and visiting numerous places worldwide.

My area of collecting is Wehrpasse, Soldbucher and Urkunde. I don't have any specific dedicated area for those items so I tend to just buy items that catch my eye at the time. Having said that I do have a soft spot for early war KIA Wehrpasse and Großdeutschland related paperwork.

Away from militaria I enjoy watching my life-long love Ipswich Town Football Club as well as Ipswich Witches Speedway. I also enjoy spending time visiting war museums and going to concerts.

• Like 1

Hi to all !

I'm REI ( Royal Italian Army ) ex collector and now collect only Wehrmacht Heer items.

I like all items,especially German dogtags and everything related to the Italian front and the last period of war.

I also like to build mannequins with my uniforms.

My name is Michele and I'm Italian from Verona,the city of Romeo and Juliet near Lake of Garda.

I apologize in advance for my bad English !

hi collectors!

i was invited by nick (eifel1945, thank you very much nick!!) and thought it might be a good idea to register!

my name is matthias, i am 25 years old and i live in aachen, germany, very close to the border to belgium and netherlands! i started collecting 11 years ago when i got a bayonet which was found by my father in the hürtgenwald-area in the 1950s.

i started collecting equiptment and stuff i got randomly, but after a few years i focused on german daggers (heer, luftwaffe, sa etc.). but my interest changed again after 2 years of collecting daggers and i started collecting tunics and helmets (german and us-army). thats what i am still collecting until today and i am super happy with it, especially with my helmets!

but my main-interest is award-documents westfront 1944/45, especially fallschirmjäger in normandy, ardennes and aachen! i dont care if its a single document or a group as long as it is westfront-related... :-) i will show some of my docs over the next few days!

god, i love that history-stuff!

best regards,

matthias

Hi Matthias, nice to see you here.

Start with posting that FJ group you got in the mail today. ;)

You can use the story I have written about it, thats no problem.

Yours friendly

Nick

Hi Matthias, nice to see you here.

Start with posting that FJ group you got in the mail today. ;)

You can use the story I have written about it, thats no problem.

Yours friendly

Nick

hi nick!

i will! thanks for giving me the permission!

Hello all.

My name is Hlynur Lind Leifsson and I come from Iceland. I have been collecting TR since 2003 and my interest is most everything from TR and some of Imperial.

I like to thank Mr Bart to invite me here to this lovely forum. I don´t have a big collection but I love this hobby and I like to learn more and help others. Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi everyone. My name is Jim. I`ve had a fascination with the Third Reich since a boy and have been fortunate enough to collect items I could only ever dream of owning.

I am a regular visitor to the WW1 battlefields and recently discovered the French battlefields. I love Verdun, Eparges, Vauqouis and the Argonne. I retired from the police last year and walked alot of the Verdun battlefield as well as the Chemin des Dames and the Eparges as my retirement holiday.

My passion outside the TR is the Tunnelling Companies of the Royal Engineers from WW1. My Grandfather won a Gallantry award whilst serving with 179 Tunn Coy in 1917 and as such is my hero!!!

I try to engage in history. I spent a week on the Obersalzburg recently walking the mountain and getting a feel for the area. Munich is my favourite city. The NSDAP is of great interest to me and visiting the early meeting halls and party rally grounds in Nuremburg have been a highlight. There is so much I want to do, in particular visit the Wolfsschanze.

There are some great people I regard as friends on this forum and I hope to make many more frieinds

Jim

• Like 1

Hi guys,

My name is Jamie, I'm married with one daughter. I like to collect groupings, docs + medals and am absolutely devoid of any sympathy for the Nazis.

I became interested in TR gear due to a heavy diet of WW2 films when I was a kid- I always thought the Germans looked cool! I don't collect for investment, nor for profit- I just like the gear! :thumbsup:

I'm not a rich man and only buy when I can afford it. I don't boast a massive collection- I just enjoy the hobby~ the searching!

I also write zombie books in my spare time- of which one is published!

Cheers,

Jamie

My name is Roland, i'm 47 years young. I started collecting war items at about 12 years while visiting Bunkers and finding an ammunition box near the Normandie beaches. After that I have allways studied the German Atlantikwal and taking fotographs of the Bunkers. I have found a lot of relics in and around the German Bunkers in the past. My main interest was Marineartillerie and Bunker items. After restoring a Biber one-man U-Boot in 1991 for the Coastal Defence Museum, I became more and more interested in the Kommando der Kleinkampfverbände. In 1999 I became the "Chronist" of the K-Verband Veterans and visited all the meetings untill most of them died or were not capable to travel by 2008. I did a lot of interviews with these man. They told a lot of personal stories. Although the history is for me the main thing, I did start collecting items of these men. Some of it I got from the men themselves, what has the most value to me, because there's a story behind it.

An extra hobby came to me after buying a military East German Trabant, meanwhile we are doing re-enactment shows with it just for fun. look at www.vlgh.nl

I hope I can help Bart and his forum as moderator of the Kriegsmarine and K-Verband subforum.

Best regards,

Roland

• Like 1

The pic: The kid in the buggy in the front is my son, the nannies are two veterans of the Anzio-Nettuno attack with Neger one-men torpedos. Left Ritterkreuztrager Walter Gerhold and right Helmut Bierbrauer. Gerhold also did the Attack in Normandie.

Regards,

Roland

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm Jason from Sydney, Australia. Married, have one young daughter (2.5 years old) and another on the way in a few months! :S

I've been fascinated by the Stalingrad battle for over 25 years (when I was about 15). I first acquired every book in English about the battle, then German ones (I taught myself German in the process) and finally Russian. After that came archival material, then the slippery slope into collecting: photo and albums initially, and now paperwork (Soldbuch, Wehrpass, Urkunden) has me in its clutches and won't let go!

I've authored several well-received books about Stalingrad and have published others by different authors. I am very fortunate that my previous career has led me to where I am now. I began as a graphic designer (wrote my first book while working full-time), then a web designer, until beginning my own design company. Got sick of that and decided to become a full-time author and publisher. Well, my role as author would not be financially possible with being a publisher, and that was only possible due to my previous training and contacts in the printing world. So there you have it. My dream job. The only downside is that I now rarely have time to "research for fun".

Thanks to Bart and Kevin for the invitation.

I hope this forum is a huge success.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, my name is Eric and I have onley been collecting for about a year. I have mostly heer badges and insignia and hope to learn alot from this forum. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone i was also invited from the waf forum by Bart.My interest is ss foreign volunteer insignia.

Cheers

Dave

Guest wallace

Hello fellow collectors,

My name is patrick people call me paddy so either is ok for me.I have been collecting for a few years now.

I collected british/commonwealth and us insignia with a special interest in armored and tank destroyer units.

Now since a while i have taken a serious interest in German cloth insignia with all of its variations and i have regained a fun to collecting.

I hope that i can contribute to this new forum and i will help where i can.Thank you Bart for inviting me.

See you all around here.

Cheers paddy(patrick)