Historical War Militaria Forum
Rüdiger L.

Ribbon bar thread

Hi friends,

i just noticed that we have seen here all kinds of medals and medal bars. But ribbon bars are missing here.

Why?

Ribbon bars are fantastic as all awards of a soldier are placed on these in miniature or as only ribbon. So with one look you´re able to see if you have a Heer, Luftwaffe or Marine soldier and what he was awarded.

There are many impressive and less impressive bars out and really every of these has a history behind that wants to be shown and discussed. Sometimes it´s possible to find the recipient only by the awards but mostly it´s sadly not possible.

So i´d like to open this thread where you all can show your bars and where we can discuss about. Please post your bars only here.

Many thanks for the upcoming bars here  :thumbup:

And of course i´ll start here. i will not show all my bars at one time ...... will do it piece for piece  :wink:

By now i have only navy bars left in my collection but these are all very special for me.

A very nice bar from an e-boat man with DKiG. Sadly no name to find as there were more eboat heroes with this combination of awards

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Next bars are from one man. A brave Narvik fighter but sadly without a name, too. I love the upworn look and notive the unususal style of mounting on the other bar.

Then I will show here my newest addition.

A nice marinebar with the afrika cufftitle.

Many thanks, Patrick  :thumbup:

That´s a great bar with the rare and harder to find Afrika cuff, especially on a navy bar.

A brave minesweeper who was well decorated and survived the war without a getting wounded.

Rudy, a sneak preview of Ritterkreuztragger Major Eberhard Pohl's nachless I obtained recently, his ribbon bars.  There are four separate  bars........they are all slightly vaulted.

1) RK.

2) DKiG, EK I, EK II, and Silver wound badge.

3) IAB, Ost medal, 4 Year long service medal and Hungarian Knights cross Order of Merit.

4) DRL Sports badge in gold.

After surrendering at Stalingrad he spent eleven years in a Soviet POW camp, he returned home in 1954 and joined the Bundeswehr in 1955, retiring in 1965 with the rank of Oberstleuntnant. He died in 1997.

The image of Pohl in BW uniform shows the actual bars in wear.......I shall be showing the nachless I obtained from Pohl's estate in the near future...............

Prost ! Steve.

Here I will show one of my favorite bar.Sadly I have no name to this great bar from a brave man with DKiG and NKS in silver.

I am really glad that this thread starts so good. Thanks for your contributions  :thumbup:

Steve,

that is an outstanding bar from Pohl, absolutely wonderful. Having the pic where you can see that he wears just this bar makes it even more special. That is first class provenance. Wonderful.

Interesting to see that he preferred 4 single rows/bars but in this case he was able to wear the bars without the RK bar and could wear the RK round his neck as full award.

What a man, getting 11 years in a russian POW camp and 1 year after returning home he started again as soldier. Great history, my friend and many thanks for showing.

Patrick,

another great bar from your collection. A well decorated infantry man who surely fought in first line  :ohmy:  Too bad with the missing name and impossible to find it because the awards are ususal for such a  man and there were many more who have the same awards. But nevertheless a very honest bar with much history behind ....... if this bar could speak ........

Ok gentlemen,

so here´s my next KM bar.

DKiG winner with Afrika cuff who served on battleships and destroyers. He got wounded one or two times. Till now no matching name to find.

Nevertheless a bar i am totally proud of  :smile:

Great bar,Rüdiger  :thumbup:

Here is a next highlight of my collection.A bar with the Gliderbadge.Not often to see and the best is that I knew the name and I also get copies from the documents.

• Like 1

Damned, that is a great set  :ohmy:

Great rare bar, looks really good a sdouble row. Having copies of the original docs makes this set highly collectable.

It´s hard to get a name for a bar, having one is very special.

Thanks, Patrick  :squint:

Gentlemen.....apologies as this has been shown on the forum before, but deserves to be in this thread, a small "salty" ribbon bar featuring Infantry Assault badge and Kurland cuff title. IMO would assume the recipient was probably a young conscript with service towards the end of the war, probably part of the reinforcements sent to Kurland close to end of the war, as his haul of awards is small.

Prost ! Steve.

On a Bundeswehr privately tailored tunic with name tag from a Hauptmann Graf von Saurma, the ribbon bar shows he was awarded the Kreta cuff title, the War Merits Cross with swords, the 4 year long service medal, Sports badge bronze grade and a Bulgarian Order of Military Merit.

Prost ! Steve.

This bar exhibits both Iron Cross first and second class, Wound badge in Silver, Panzer Assault badge and Finnish medals of Liberty first and second class. 

Prost ! Steve.

An unusual sized ribbon bar, not to Bundeswehr regulations, so must of been worn on some other services tunic, any suggestions ?  It came in a small Deumer award group. Shows EK I, EK II, KvK II with swords, Ost medal, 4 year Army long service medal......could it be a Deumer made item ?

Prost ! Steve.

All great bars, friends, All thumbs up from me.

Some very special and partly familiar bars ...... DKiS for example.

This thread is a real treat for my eyes and history interest.

Many thanks, friends. i´ll show some more later  :smile:

Here we go, friends  :laugh:

This one is my pride and joy. There were about 800 men on uboats who were awarded the DKiG. We still don´t know how many of them served in the Bundeswehr but i could get a bar from one of them.

DKiG - EK I - EK II - u-boat clasp bronze - u-boat war badge / so he had about 300 - 350 seagoing days

No name of the wearer

Lots of fantastic ribbon bars shown here! :thumbup: Here are a few from my collection.

A few foreign decorations on this one; Finnish and Spanish.

From the marks/shadows left where the devices used to be I think what is missing is a Wound Badge, Minesweeper Badge, 4 Year, DSB.

** Any help finding these devices would be much appreciated as I would like to restore this ribbon bar. **

Grouping of Heinz Behrens.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.