Historical War Militaria Forum

Thought I'd share this with anyone else who likes quirky Third Reich functional Art pieces. This item was straight from Germany to the Max show and I think it is a very nice fruit bowl award. Each of the three eagles has the little base attached seperately to the eagles and the eagles themselves are attched to the bowl with pins. A very heavy piece and a lot of work has gone into this one, the bowl is quarter-inch thick bronze, hand beaten into a bowl, the eagles are a very detailed and distinctive hand-cast bronze and holes drilled into the bowl for the attachment pins. The bowl is engraved with a dedication regarding "Kraftfahr in November 1939" and the piece is also maker-marked by F.v.M, also nice patina as well as would be expected for a bronze piece this old.

Cheers Phil

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

Hi, Bart, Jim, John, Thanks for the positive comments, yes, the eagles are very unusual so I thought I might be the only one who liked it, I'm glad you guys like it too, I guess the eagles are shaped this way as they are acting as the bowls legs, here are a couple more shots and I will try to work out the full engraved inscription, Cheers.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your positive comments abaout such an unusual piece.

The inscription says: "DAS OFFIZIERKORPS DER KRAFTFAHR ERSATZ-ABTEILUNG 7 IHREM KOMMANDEUR ZUM NOVEMBER 1939"

or roughly translated as "THE OFFICER CORPS OF AUTOMOTIVE SPARE DIVISION 7 COMMANDER TO YOU  November 1939",

Cheers,

Phil

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.