Historical War Militaria Forum
Blue Division

Spanish Awards

My latest Spanish replacement award........a "Verdienstorden vom Deutschen Adler funfte stufe" (German Order of the Eagle 5th class)...... I would hazard a guess at 1970-80's production.
These awards are difficult to obtain/find, luck would have it that the vendor thought it a fake of a TR version......so to find it in the U.K. and pay £18 for it was rare in its self ! the seller even sent me a gift because he thought I had paid to much !

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Prost ! Steve.

Gents, a group shot of my meagre Spanish replacement awards..........

Prost ! Steve.

My latest Spanish replacement award........a "Verdienstorden vom Deutschen Adler funfte stufe" (German Order of the Eagle 5th class)...... I would hazard a guess at 1970-80's production.

These awards are difficult to obtain/find, luck would have it that the vendor thought it a fake of a TR version......so to find it in the U.K. and pay £18 for it was rare in its self ! the seller even sent me a gift because he thought I had paid to much !

attachicon.gifwaf adler 1.jpgattachicon.gifwaf adler 2.jpg

Prost ! Steve.

Hi, Steve.....good 5th class!

I had the same experience with a ek2 of Spanish manufacturing ..... the seller looked at me like I was stupid ..

best regards

Antonio

Here i want show you a group of medals  what belonged to a lieutenant of morocco war.

• Like 1

Here I want show you an order of military merit, 4th class (Grand Cross).

It was made by Juan Medina, manufacturers of medals that began her activity about 1850 in Barcelona. After, he opened shop in Madrid too.

This order  is period Alfonso XII

There are orders, that on the back we can see a  stamp manufacturer. With it, it´s possible date the piece.

Regards !!

• Like 1

Mark, Bart thank for your words!! :thumbup:

Today I want show you an other military merit.

It is a Order Of military merit 2º class. It was realized by Gerardo Castells, a manufacturer from Barcelona

You can see that the crown has been cut. It was a practice of the 2º republic (1931-1936), because the orders and medals didn´t had to show symbols about monarchy

There are medals what have lost the crown and the ´´lises`` of the blue center and the four ´´lises`` that we can see next to the cross. 

But other owners thought that removed the crown was enough and the ´´lises`` there were something about the design of the order and no for the goverment.

The owner had to decided buy a new medals or make this modification in her old medals. When the medal was of hight quatily, as for example this that is made with gold, silver and enamel, the price was important.

• Like 1

Today, I would like to show you a military merit, of the Spanish civil war.
It's a type manufactured in Italy, because when Franco started the war, the manufacturers, with the exception of''Faci`` from Zaragoza, was in the Republic area.
There are several types of military merit manufactured in Italy (as you can see in my book) but this is the most representative.
It is called ''rose and wolves'' because we can see the rose and not grenade, and wolves hen it had to have lions.
There are other type, where the manufacturer have put well the grenade, but not change the wolves.
Regards

• Like 1

Group of ´´ Medalla sufrimientos por la Patria``. This medal was established by the King Fernando VII. In the beginning was to prisoners, and in 1918 was established that this medals could be to the war wounded. (The wounded have a red blade) as

It was a very appreciate medal in the Spanish civil war and in the Spanish blue division.

In this type of medal, is very important the date and place that we can see in the ribbon.

• Like 1

Yes,  the medal with three dates, finally I could find the division!! :squint:

Here a medal about the spanish blue division. It is made in Spain.

Regards,

Hello Belles,

Thanks for sharing your collection. There is some very nice awards shown and the Medalla sufrimientos por la Patria`` are very interesting; especially with the wound bars.

Regards Mark 

• Like 1

Hello Mark,
Thanks for your words.
Yes, it is a nice medal with a very interesting history and types. In my book, I show others types and photos of soldiers with this medals.
To get this medal the soldier must be injured while he was doing an action in combat. If he was not doing a''relevant`` action in combat and failed injured, I have receibed only this badge.
In this photo the soldier has got this medals and two badge. Maybe because one time was injured in action and the other was injured in combat but without special action.
Regards,

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.