Historical War Militaria Forum
Hans N

Finnish Navy ensignias

These i managed to pick 2 years ago. They belonged to a Engineer Commander Iivainen of the Finnish Navy. He was attached to the Finnish submarine force but also participated in the search and investigation of the in 1926 sunken torpedo boat S2. With the group were his last two promotion documnets with handwritten signatures of the Finnish Presidents Relander and Svinhufvud as well as the generals Sihvo and Österman as well as a lot of news paper clippings from S2 incident etc.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

Hans,  I have  been  tempted  for  a  few  years  now  to  divert into  collecting  Finnish  medals,  particularly  from  the  Winter  war. I  think  some of  the  designs  and  quality of  the medals  are  superb!!!  I  have been  resisting  that  temptation up  to  now!!!

I  don`t know  how long  it  will  last  before  i  eventually  give in :crying:

Please  share  some  more  of  your  collection  with  us

Jim

Last week these also came in from the Iivainen family. Granddaughter thought i´d have more interest in them than her self.

Photos of the little finnish Submarine fleet as well as launchings of the Sub Vetehinen as well as the Ironclad or Gunboat Ilmarinen, 38 photos all in all.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.