Historical War Militaria Forum
Rüdiger L.

not 57er related items in your collections

Thanks for the information Rudiger  :thumbup:  I knew you were the man for KM/Marine militaria.....just got to find an earely cap for the ensemble !! Will post images on receipt of uniform.............

Prost ! Steve. 

Rudiger, now in possession of the uniform, beautifully made piece, but after 1970, perhaps a new tunic commisioned after promotion, as all the rings have even wear to them ! as the cuff rank rings (piston rings) are 14mm wide, not the pre 70' 17mm.

The sea going badge is a wonderfully embroidered bullion item, this is a fabulous uniform, however the proficiency badge and ribbon bar to me, did not belong to the tunic, I am sure the seller embellished it for the sale ! The loops are for, in my opinion, a wound badge and war badge......No first class EK loops though, but loops above the left breast  pocket opening,they are too short in distance for the ribbon bar supplied,  but perfect for a single court mounted medal, perhaps an EK II, the loops have to be for 57er awards as there are no BW badges or awards that would worn in such positions ....I will take some images tomorrow and post for comments.

I would imagine this "Kapitan zur see" would of served up to the mid to late 1970's as a veteran of WW2, probably a young ensign during the war, with just three to four awards.............Do you know where I can find a period visor cap or Officers side cap ?

Prost ! Steve.

Hi Steve,

well, an early 70´s tunic is still great too. It really seems that this tunic was the last he bought and so it´s a great piece of history. Curious what combat badge you´ll put on it ...... u-boat, minesweeper, HSF ....... really a few possibilities.

Sidecaps and visors can more or less only found on ebay. The typical surplus dealers only sell modern caps from the 90´s up to now. The older ones are hard to find, don´t know why. Maybe they are really sought after or simply too less on the market as they look fantastic from every period. You should look for one with parted cocade and wreath.

You can make a great tunic with medal bar (mostly EK II and long service), a combat award and a nice WB (would choos black or silver).

Looking forward to see more pics, buddy  :thumbup:

Rudiger, I have added additional images of the tunic with added 57er badges..... EK II, Destroyer badge, Black wound badge and EK II, High Seas Fleet badge, Silver wound badge....let me know which combination looks best !

Be aware that most images by me are taken with flash so the almost black colour of the uniform is showing up as a lighter shade of blue.

It also has a loop sewn onto the right shoulder and a button under the right lapel, so for a monkey bar, how does it attach to the shoulder ?
Prost ! Steve.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

and now for the combinations...................

Prost ! Steve.

Yeeeeeessssss buddy, THAT´s LOOKS GREAT  :thumbup:

Great tunic and with the added awards a treat for my old eyes  :love:

Hard to say which version looks best, i really like both ...... seems you have to buy one more tunic :-)

Instead of steal some pics from the web ..... here´s a youtube link where you can see the monkey bar in wear. VERY good to see there. 

Steve, a big congrats to your new tunic, it´s a fantastic looking one and in combination with the "R" for Reserve really scarce.

Thanks for the thumbs up Rudiger, and a great video to boot !  :thumbup:

It appears it hooks on, I shall have to get one !!

Prost ! Steve.

Gents, this great looking rare (IMO) badge came in this morning's post from a collector friend in Germany, a second pattern "Legion Condor " PAB, I have been after one of these for some time, St u L made piece from around 1960......having first pattern tapered pin, closed hinge assembly and small "c" catch.
St u L made a huge range of Imperial and Weimar period badges running alongside their 1957 range, they are difficult to spot, but their rear hardware gives then away and they crop up now and again....I was watching one in the States for sale but had no chance to buy as it disappeared as quick as it had appeared, no doubt an offer accepted ! 
This badge as the original is, hollow backed, great detail on the skull and tank, the wreath is outstanding, Souval did a version to, but not as detailed IMO............
jJust over 400 were personally given to the Panzer contingent of the "Legion Condor " by its commander von Thoma.....they were not official nor combat awards, but more in recognition of their service....However still worn with pride by the veterans alongside their TR awards during WW2.
Now to find out if St u L or Assmann did an Imperial PAB replacement !
I have set of Spanish wound badges from Souval on its way, I will post here when they arrive..........
Prost ! Steve.

Gentlemen, my latest medal bar, from a WW2 veteran and member of the VdK, an organisation formed in Germany just after the war to help and assist victims of the war both military and civilian, today it is an organisation which represents social justice and the disabled, with "Landesverband" (sections)all over Germany, now called the "social VdK e.v." this particular set was owned (name sadly not known) by a member of the "Landesverband Hessen" it has three medals, two of which are the organisations service awards in both Silver and Bronze, I do not know anything, nor can I find anything out about these medals, award criteria etc etc....if anyone knows, please enlighten me !
It is the third medal that I am most interested in, it the German made "Croix du combattant de l'Europe" I have the French version, more commonly encountered and of a slightly different design, made by Deumer and so marked on the rear.
I would imagine the other two VdK medals are also by them, but are not marked as such........a nice unusual set of medals, with an obvious veteran link.

The Deumer "Croix du combattant de l'Europe" ......

Prost ! Steve.

XMember those are nice looking Bulgarian awards.I have thought about crossing over to the Axis awards to.I have a ww2 Bulgarian helmet,might even have an Austrian award to.They all have history,looking at them & thinking about all the hard work that went into earning,makes them special as all the others.I'm going to dig out a couple of my 57'ers out & post them for opinions.Cheers Wolf.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.