Historical War Militaria Forum
StGeorge64

Vorschlag zur Beförderung eines Offizier zum nächsthöheren Dienstgrad - Leutnant Erich Rudorffer

Another item from my collection which I thought I would share here accordingly:

Relating to one of most successful Luftwaffe 'Jagdflieger' of World War II, Erich Rudorffer would finish the war holding the rank of Major, claim 222 aerial victories, and was awarded the Knights Cross, Oakleaves and Swords.

The 2 page document relates to the proposal of (then) Leutnant Erich Rudorffer to be promoted to the rank of Oberleutnant while serving in Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen".  Listed are his personal details including his assignments and operations to the date of the submission of the document on 31-July-1941.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

Erich Rudorffer is an easily researchable Luftwaffe Jadgflieger, below are some links which provide a basic overview of his career:

http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_search_db.php4?modul=search_result_det&wert1=5367&searchword=rudorffer

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/rudorffer.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Rudorffer

Post-war signed colour photograph received directly from Erich Rudorffer some years ago. 

The document is signed by Hauptmann "Heino" Greisert as Gruppenkommandeur II./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen".

From the Luftwaffe Officer Career Summaries compiled by de Zang and Stankey:

GREISERT, Karl-Heinz (“Heino”). (DOB: 02.02.08). (DKiG). (n.d.) Lt. with 1. J/88 in Condor Legion. 01.11.38 appt Staka 2./JG 131. 01.05.39 appt Staka 2./JG 2. 26.08.40 (or 02.09.40) Hptm. and Staka 2./JG 2, appt Kdr. II./JG 2 (to 30.04.42). 01.12.40 Hptm., appt acting Kommodore JG 2 (to 16.02.41). 18.05.42 Maj., appt Kdr. III./JG 3 (to 22.07.42 KIA – shot down by an I-16 over Baskiy or Bazkiy; he baled out but chute did not open due to insufficient altitude). 05.06.42 Maj., posthumously awarded DKiG for service while in II./JG 2. Credited with 34 victories including (1 in Spain).

Again, I hope the document might prove of interest to fellow Luftwaffe enthusiasts.

Period documents relating to the top 'Jagdflieger Asse' do not turn up regularly, added to the fact it originated from one of the foremost Jagdgeschwader.....Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen", in my book this is an almost unique document.

Regards Richard.

Richard,

You can count me in as one of the Luftwaffe enthusiasts who is very much interested in such documents.

Is it please possible to show better images of your fantastic documents.

Thanks for showing.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Richard,

You can count me in as one of the Luftwaffe enthusiasts who is very much interested in such documents.

Thanks for showing.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Eric-Jan

To be honest I thought there would be more interest in these documents than there appears to be at the moment.

The document appeals to me simply because it relates to one f the highest scoring Luftwaffe aces of World War II.

Again Eric-Jan, you have e-mail.

Regards Richard.

Hi Richard,

I've only just seen this post, but I'm definitely interested in the document! Thanks for posting it. Is there any chance I could see better scans? Rudorffer is a really interesting character, and features in a few book and article projects I'm working on. We almost got an interview with him late last year, but sadly he had to decline due to failing memory.

Cheers,

Andrew A.

Hello Richard,

I am a collector of autographs of Knights Cross holders. I am highly interested in some high resolution scans of your documents and especially the signature itself. Would you send some to me?

Thanks,

Guy

Hello Richard,

I am a collector of autographs of Knights Cross holders. I am highly interested in some high resolution scans of your documents and especially the signature itself. Would you send some to me?

Thanks,

Guy

Guy

The Rudorffer document is no longer in my collection and the only image I have left is the one on this thread.

By the way, the signatory 'Heino Greisert' was awarded the DKiG, not the Ritterkreuz.

Sorry I could not help further.

Regards Richard.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.