Eduardo D.

Kriegsmarine men wearing cufftitles

46 posts in this topic

Hello, I would like to open a thread to show period pictures, or original jackets and tunics, from Kriegsmarine men wearing any kind of cufftitle, what is very unusual.

To start one of the rarest, KURLAND.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

1 person likes this

Hi Eduardo.

Great picture and what a wonderful tunic that would be to have in a collection. :thumbsup:

Great picture Eduardo,

The Gentlemen in the photo. He had an impressive war tour. Hilfskreuzer, Minesweeper. Have you been able to identify this individual?

Regards,

JustinG

Eduardo that is indeed a rare photo and a great image.

Thanks for showing us such a gem.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Yes these are rare pictures, so here we can have a little reference of these KM men with rare CTs.

An other rare one, the naval AFRIKA

1 person likes this

Here is another Afrika. I only got a reproduction from the man himself, but its a nice picture. He was a PK cameraman for the Wochenschau.

2 people like this

The photograph that is posted here by Eduardo in the thread starter is of a former crewman from the Hilfskreuzer Atlantis.

I know of a fellow HK collector who has the same image and has corresponded with this former Atlantis crewman for years.

This is just a superb photograph,he not only wears the HK and MS awards but the EKI and the EKII.

The fact that he is wearing the Kurland Cufftitle makes this a very special image but more importantly,if you look closely he is also wearing the Marinefrontspange.

This is one of the very few period images i have see with the MFS in wear.

As a collector of KM photoraphs i have to say that this image has be one of the best,just an amazing combination of awards.

Regards,Martin.

Roland, that is a great photo, first time I see an officer wearing a reefer jacket with the Afrika CT above the rank rings.

I have found an other amazing portrait, a Narvik veteran wearing the early panzer style AFRIKAKORP cufftitle.

1 person likes this

Fantastic photo Eduardo.

Serving from up in the North to the warmer South.

Expensive photo I believe, but worth its money as a reference piece of history.

Thanks for showing

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Eduardo:

It is interesting that you posted this particular image to start this thread--- as I was under the impression that I own the only surviving image of the various studio shots of this man--of which this photo is one. The subject of the photo is a friend of mine and has assured me no other copies have been shared with anyone else. I have posted the photo several times before with and without watermarks.

It is indeed a shock to see that the crewman I have corresponded with for 20+ years possibly forgot that he shared his photos with you too.

Kind Regards,

Joe Slavick

Hi Joe, I never have said that this or any other picture in this thread are mine, I have a copy of them saved in my PC, and only wanted to create a thread in which all we can share these rare pictures and learn a little. If you have posted it before without a watermark, probably I saved from there.

Eduardo:

I see. The presumtion of the thread was that you posted an image from your personal collection. Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps a disclaimer before posting future internet-copied photos to notify folks that it is an archived download and not a private source photo would help. Thanks again!

Kind Regards.

Joe

Another picture (not from my collection) from KM officers wearing Afrika CT but in the right place, below the rank rings.

It seams that there is not too much interest in KM as usual, so I'm so sorry that these threads are going too slow and only with the interest of a few ... anyway I will try to continue to share new pics and info.

An EM wearing a AFRIKA CT (not from my collection)

1 person likes this

Another rare one that I have just bought one ebay with the arm badge, a sailor wearing KRETA CT

1 person likes this

Great photo Eduardo.

If possible, I hope to see that photo here with a normal face later.

EK.2, EK.1, sleeve insignias and a Kreta cuff title ! very nice combination, do I see the shadow of a Kriegsmarine badge right of the EK.1 ?

Maybe you can see it better on the original photo.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor