Historical War Militaria Forum

Hello all,

I'm still new to this forum and couldn't find an introduction topic so I just do this here (if on the wrong place than moderator please remove/replace please).

I'm Marcel Bänziger from The Netherlands, 39 years young and work as an asphalt technologist for one of Holland's biggest roadconstruction companies. Besides militaria music is my biggest passion and to be more specific extreme metal. Parttime I work in the music scene as tourmanager for many metal bands (mainly Norwegian bands). Because of this I've travelled all over Europe and also met my wife during one of these tours several years ago.

When it comes to militaria I only focus on WWII. I try to collect as broad as possible. Good thing is that the collection looks very varried. Negative thing is that it's hard to know and be updated on everything and therefor I have no real "subject" in which I would call myself an expert. Fortunately there's forums and friends to help out :thumbup:

I do love TR wound badges and my collection is growing into something really nice. Furthermore since recently I got very interested in Luftwaffe Bombers and their crews and at the moment I'm about to finish an eastern front Bomber crewmember mannequin which will be posted in the appropriate section here on the forum as soon as it's finished.

Guess that's all for now. If you wanna know more than just ask :smile:

All the best,

Marcel

• Like 2

Good to learn more about you and look forward to seeing you around the forum~ :thumbup:

Marcel: Hi, who are some of your favorite bands?

Thanks!

Luke

Hello Luke, I've been fortunate enough to work with some of my favourite bands like Enslaved, Mayhem, Taake, Windir, Vreid, Keep of Kalessin, Kampfar, Carach Angren, Aeternus and Abbath from Immortal. I also love old metal like early eighties Iron Maiden, Megadeth....these bands are always welcome in my player :)

Which bands do you like?

Cheers,

Marcel

Hey Marcel, besides Maiden and Megadeth I have unfortunately not heard these bands before. I'll check them out. That's great that you were able to work with them.

Gwar, Nocte Obducta, Carcass, Devian, Celtic Frost,Agrypnie, King Diamond, Rammstein, and Carnivore are some of my favorites.

Take care,

Luke

Iknow all the bands you've mentioned and I do love Carcass, King Diamond and Celtic Frost a lot. Couple of years ago I worked for Tom Warrior (Celtic Frost) with his new band Triptykon, doing merch for him at shows. He's a really nice and friendly guy. Never expected that to be honest hehe

Curious what you think of the other bands! Some are a bit more extreme perhaps.

Cheers!

Marcel

• Like 1

Marcel: I can't believe you worked with Tom G! That's awesome, I'm very jealous! I hope that you got him to sign some things for you. I've never heard his new band. Any good? I'll try to find music from some of those bands that you mentioned and I'll let you know what I think.

Thanks!

Luke

• Like 1

To be honest I was also shocked when his management asked me. I mean, he's a kind of god in the extreme music scene and to be honest I was a bit shy when we first met. But he was so friendly and open that it felt like we knew eachother for years. His new band is actually really good, still a bit in the same style as CF though with a bit more modern sound. Live it sounds even better than on album I should honestly say. Though I also know people who dislike Triptykon and only go for Celtic Frost for what I think nostalgy only hehe

• Like 1