Historical War Militaria Forum
brett361975

Krupp - Coffee Pot 1943- help please

Dear all,

This is my first post on the forum so I'm hoping your knowledge can help me with this teapot or coffee pot.

It has been handed down the family with the story it was swapped at the end of the war with a Russian for cigarettes but the story has been past down so I cannot confirm this. I am a little confused how a piece made by an Italian ended up in Germany ? 

Apart from that I know nothing. I had posted some pictures for you to view.

It has Fuhrer Fabrik - Krupp 1943 on the side on a small plaque.

It is stamped FW Boggie ? on the bottom.

Any help would be much appreciated.

What was Fuhrer Fabrik ? 

Who would this have been made for ? 

Kind Regards

Brett

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

"Fuhrer Fabrik" ? I know Krupp was a steel company.. Eagle looks sloppy. Should I give my vote but I am no expert, I don't like it. Especially due that "Fuhrer Fabrik" added ?!

• Like 1

Sloppy ? in what way sloppy ? 

It is not a German quality eagle, too ugly (see differences in the wings) to be one especially if it would be a " FUHRER FABRIK " issue. It could be something, but it isn't. Which company named himself "FUHRER FABRIK" who had the honor to do so ? I typed it in, as you asked me to do, and sadly my concerns were right most out there is fake from the "Fuhrer Fabrik". 

• Like 1

Very sorry Brett, but I believe this is a made up piece. "Fuhrer Fabrik" has also been added to fantasy daggers over the years - so this alone puts me on my guard.

The general quality of the brass looking additions is very poor - as well as the eagles, the legs of the swastika are also different sizes - not a good sign.

Sorry again Brett, but as a long time collector of TR Art, I would not give this the thumbs up.

Kind Regards

Dave.

• Like 1

Brett,

Thank you for sharing your pot with us.

What you show us here is a nice time period Art Deco silver plated pot.

Only what is wrong to your pot are the later added eagle on tip, roundel with Swastika, the "Krupp" plate, and the eagle under the name plate.

Fuhrer is misspelled as it should read Führer.

I have no idea where your Italian maker idea is coming from, but you are right about the Russian connection, and more close located in Ukraine as many altered and faked so called WW2 Third Reich items are coming from that country.

Did you read it correct on the bottom ? or does it show Bogus instead of Boggie ?

I see that you did join the forum today, did post your pot with "Dear all", and I feel that you are not that happy with the replies for your pot.

After the first reply to your post by Bart, you made your report.

Posted Today, 07:17 PM "remove my post please, i do not wish to be on this forum".

In my humble opinion a very childish response.

It puts me also to another thought, that the thread for your pot was only posted here on the forum to find a victim to sell it to.

Better to keep this thread and the images on the forum as a warning for what is out on the collector's market.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

I have just this forum for some advise not with the intention of selling anything. I asked for my post to be removed as I did not feel very welcomed to be honest. No hello welcome to the forum, I asked about a subject I know nothing about and that is hardly what I would call a friendly welcome. So yes remove my post, I do not wish to be any part of a clearly rude and quite frankly a forum that's accusing me of trying to sell things that I have no intention of selling. So my advise to you is firstly you want people to join your forum how about a hello first, secondly do not make accusations about people you know nothing about Eric !

Hello Brett and welcome!  :thumbsup: (or is it goodbye?)

I agree with the others that this is a fantasy item, points already mentioned...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.