Historical War Militaria Forum
Holden

Dietrich Eckart Bronze Bust.

A belated Happy New Year to you all!!

I will only post this on very few forums, but I feel the HWF should be included as your content and polite approach is always a pleasure to see.

I have just obtained this and with the additional paperwork I have acquired at its root source, I firmly believe it is the Dietrich Eckart Bust from the DE Roomat the now demolished Platterhof Hotel. From the plans you will see the design was to mount on a shelf that was screwed to the wall. This arrangement was identical to that of the DE rooms bronze bust.

I am continuing to research and will inform later.

Kind regards to all.

Dave.

www.broadswordmilitaryhistory.com

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

Dave, you know my opinion, simply amazing! BTW, after this acquisition, think you can call it a day with collecting. :)

Thanks Erich for your kind comments - I will PM you shortly as I can fill in a few more gaps.

Unfortunately it may not be the end of my collecting - its a drug as you know and from what I am hearing, many wonderful items will surface over the next couple of years.

All the best.

Dave.

Dave,

A  fantastic piece . Eckart was  a  fascinating  character and  much forgotten in  the later history of  the party.  That is  one real  piece of  history. There  was  a  similar bust in  the  Brown  House  I  believe.

Well  done and  thanks for  showing  this magnificent piece on  the  forum.

Awesome , just  awesome!!!

Jim

I have just gained evidence that this DE bronze "may be" the actual bronze from the Munich Braunhaus.

I have the full purchase history and it does verify a certain ownership that did own the NSDAP memorial

DE bronze.

I will keep you informed.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Weil if it  is  from  the  Brown  House  it  is  an  important piece of  history. Fingers  crossed it is  the one :thumbsup:

Jim

Here is the plinth that came with the bust and its certainly post WW2 and sold as that. Regarding the Eckart bronze I still feel it has a great chance of being the braunhaus piece.

The photos below show the braunhaus DE bronze and the bronze owned by John Horne pictured in the Ulric book. Certainly John Horne is listed in my providence as past owner of my bronze. I will continue to investigate and keep you all informed.

Regards to all.

Dave.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Please  keep  us updated.  I  have  a  feeling  this is  a  very  important  historical  piece. The plinth may  be post  war  but it  enhances  that  superb  bust.

As  mentioned  earlier,  Eckart is of  particular interest  to  me  and I  look  forward  to  this subject  evolving. If it  is from  the  Braunhaus , it is  priceless in  my opinion.

Having  studied  the  fledgling  NSDAP for many  years,  the  Coffee  house  culture  of  the  elite  group  that  focused in  the  early  days  around  Eckart is  fascinating. 

On  my last  visit  to  Berchtesgaden in  2008 (too long  ago  I  hasten  to  add) i had  to  include  visits  to  his  grave. I  was  amazed  to  see  a  candle  burning on  his  grave  which  was  always  lit  whenever  I  visited  during my  10  day  stay.

Jim

Thanks very much for your continued comments - its very highly appreciated.

The plinth was commissioned by John Horne in the early eighties, I have some paperwork that does confirm this. I totally agree Jim it does set the bronze bust off nicely. Its very true about the candle on the DE grave, it is often lit and I actually know the gentlemen that does this.

Over the next few weeks I will be taking the bust to a contact who has many, many original photographs of the original when it stood in position at the memorial. Certainly the bust in the Ulric book does have identical cast markings to mine, this is a strong pointer to it being the same bust for sure.

It will be a case of proving the bust in the book is the original from the braunhaus - I think it has every chance of being so, and then that of course makes mine the one and same.

Keep you all informed.

Regards to all.

Dave.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.