Historical War Militaria Forum
louierufus2

Third Reich dealer Jamie Cross

Hi. My name is Tony B and my interests are collecting and some times selling -Japanese swords,Third Reich items and English cap badges.  I read on your forum statements recently about a certain seller of Third Reich items who advertises his items  on the webb. I have never bought anything from his site  but this is my experience of him  which may shed some light. A number of years ago i travelled to the other end of the country to a well known auction house  that had a good collection of genuine Third Reich items in their catalogue.There were also up for auction at the same  a good number of really excellent copies of various Third Reich items. These copies had been cataloged as copies and given very low reserves.I managed to win the genuine  items and then became worried because this dealer never raised his hand to bid against me but he did win all the repro items.I asked the auctioneers arms expert to confirm that the items i had won were genuine. His answer was certainly. When i asked him why this Third Reich dealer never bid against me his reply was and i quote.' There is not enough profit for him in genuine items but on the odd occasion when we have one or two  really good copies he buys them all.' unquote. This was my only experience with this person.   Tony B        Hi all. The only Third Reich dealer i knew in the saleroom was Jamie Cross. He won all the reproduction items at the auction. The bidding was fierce with many hands going up. He won every lot and he paid quite a lot of money for the items much much more than their estimates. But afterall  they were excellent copies and it was only the honesty and knowledge of the auctions military expert that they were catalogued as such because they would have fooled me.. Tb.

Welcome on the HWMF Tony.

Can you name the dealer ?

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Dear Tony,

First of all welcome to the Forum. Second, you are free to name the dealer in the "The Collector's Inn" -> "The Dealers: The Bad.." thread. This way you can prevent from having new collectors (and even older collectors) being fooled by this dealer. If he sells reproduction for authentic on purpose then the odds are against him and he should accept the consequences. 

Thank you for the name Tony, much appreciated !

No surprise to me that his name is called.

Or were there other dealers too at that auction that you didn't know by name ?

If it is the man, I can only say :

What a nerve .......

http://www.thirdreichmedals.com/

"The golden rules to collecting"

"We hope you enjoy the articles we are publishing on our site. We aim to bring you many more to help collectors in their hobby. As you are aware, it does take time, money and effort to produce these articles and some collectors have wanted to contribute to this work to ensure these articles continue to be available to all. With this in mind, we have included a “Donation Page” where voluntary contributions can be made. However, big or small, all are gratefully accepted and go towards keeping this venture going.

Thank you!"

Not the first time that I noticed bad items on his site.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

PS. I did edit the title by adding the name of the dealer to it.

Good evening gents.

This dealer is not a nice man when court out.

When i was a young budding collector 35 years ago and not really knowing what i was buying i put my trust in him.

The item was a double decal m35 luft helmet.

Looked great and original i must say even with its AUTHENTICITY PLASTIC TAB attatched which i did not remove thank god.

I took the helmet to a mate who confirmed the decals wear not right.

It took a soliciters letter to get only just 3/4 of my money back.

I was advised to cut my losses and recieve the chq.

Jamie you are a very very nice man.

CROOK.

I  find  this  thread  very interesting.  When  I started  collecting, Mr Cross  used  to  write  an  article on  German  fakes in  Arms  and  Armourer  magazine on  a monthly  basis.  How ironic  .

I have  bought  some items  from  him over  the years  but  not  the  past  5  or  6,  and  nothing really major. I  did  subscribe  to  his  weekly update  to  see  what  new  was on offer.  On  the  basis of  this  thread  I  have  cancelled  that  subscription.

Thanks  to  all  who  have posted.  This is valuable information  for  all on our  forum.

Regards

Jim