Historical War Militaria Forum
Agustin V.

Photo of German soldiers wearing foreign decorations.

Generalfeldmarschall Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen, Medal for the Spanish Campaign, Military Merit Medal (Spain), Pilot´s Badge (Spain) and Pilot´s Badge (Italy) in wear.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Oberstleutnant Ferdinand Ernst Nord with the Bulgarian Order for Military Merit and the Bulgarian's pilot badge. 

Officer with the Finnish Order of the Cross of Liberty 3rd Class

General der Flieger Wilhelm SPEIDEL wearing the Bulgarian Pilot´s Badge, the Bulgarian Badge of Honor of the Infantry and the Romanian Observer´s Badge.

One more.

• Like 1

General der Flieger Albert Vierling with the Croatian Order of King Zvonimir (First Class Cross with Swords)

General der Luftwaffe Walther Wecke, holder of the Order of the War Victory Cross (Slovakia)

And holder of the Pilot Badge (Slovakia) too!

Holder of the Romanian Medal for Military Bravery

Great photos as always! This is the Order of the Star of Romania.

Best

Pierce

• Like 1

Luftwaffe member with two Spanish decorations: the Orde for Military Merit (Orden del Mérito Militar) and the Civil War Campaign Medal.

An unusual photo of Großadmiral Karl Dönitz wearing the Italian Order Grande Ufficiale dell’Ordine dei Santi Maurizio e. Lazzaro (Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus)

• Like 2

An unusual photo of Großadmiral Karl Dönitz wearing the Italian Order Grande Ufficiale dell’Ordine dei Santi Maurizio e. Lazzaro (Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus)

Great photo and one I always enjoy seeing, but Dönitz is wearing the Italian Military Order of Savoy.

Best regards

Pierce

Great photo and one I always enjoy seeing, but Dönitz is wearing the Italian Military Order of Savoy.

Best regards

Pierce

Hi Pierce! I'm not sure he's wearing the Order of Savoy... it doesn't look like it.  :confused:

• Like 1

Hi Pierce! I'm not sure he's wearing the Order of Savoy... it doesn't look like it.  :confused:

On looking again I do believe you are right! I have seen a few other photos that show him wearing the Savoy Order. His ribbon bar also testifies to that, but no ribbon for the Order of SS Maurice and Lazarus!

From his own signed records, he did not list the Order of SS Maurice and Lazarus. BUT perhaps there is something in what you say because from the same records he lists the Order of Savoy TWICE, with two different award dates...both are Commander Grade. Perhaps a mistake and the other should be the Order of SS Maurice and Lazarus? Do we know if the Order of SS Maurice and Lazarus was awarded during the War?

I have more research to do on this particular point.

• Like 1

Is the German officer behind Göring wearing the Order Of The British Empire? 

Source: alamy.com

• Like 1

I am not sure but I think he is wearing two neck orders. The other one is to the left of the photo and looks like the Bulgarian Civil Merit Order- which is also the top breast star on his jacket.

I am not sure what the other breast star is but maybe it is related to the neck order (?), making both orders Grand Officer Class.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.