Historical War Militaria Forum
Jim W.

Is it just me?

I rarely  post  over  there  now  other  than  on  the  Imperial  forum. It is  so  sad. I am pleased  you  guys  commented  because  i  was  beginning  to  feel it  was just  me  getting  crotchety and miserable,  which  probably is  true  anyway :smile: 

Jim

• Like 1

It's not just the jealousy thing but the WAF does also seem to attract a lot of the Third Reich Fanboys, who will defend the Wehrmacht/W-SS when the darker side is mentioned. Not neo-nazis but those who can't bear to think of the Wehrmacht/W-SS as the 'Bad Guys'. On top of that, its association with the likes of Gottlieb sent it into a downward spiral for me. I only paid my fee so I can use the E-Stand (if I wish to sell anything) but for a year I didn't even bother with that and kept my $25 in my pocket.

• Like 2

I have to agree with all others, in fact HWMF would have never been established if it wasn´t for this issues. Thanks, WAF!

I can only second that Kameraad.

And of course what Jim, David and Kevin did mention above.

Still glad that the two of us decided to start a new Militaria Forum.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

I can only agree! The Estand is the only reason I venture over there any more. 

I had a break from the hobby for almost 3 years (2008-2011) and when I returned the entire forum was unrecognisable...

Have said it before, and will say it again: Bart & EJ, Thank you very much for starting this friendly and knowledgeable forum! :) 

• Like 1

Lady and Gentlemen (if I am right, Jenny is our only female member)

We, so to say - all the members of the HWMF community made this forum as it is today, starting up a new forum is one thing, but it couldn't be done without your input, I thank you all.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

Their willingness to have an Anti-Semitic and rascist member there whom I brought to light as being such is disgusting and speaks volumes on their credibility as a forum.

This forum sets the bar on how a forum should be.

Patrick

totally agree with you Jim , my opinion is that the fact of collecting does not change the nature of a man. if he is impolite and without good manners in every day life, he will remain as such in his relations with other collectors. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

The day this forum will have 28000 members the same problems will occurs... The problem is not forums but peoples who populates it.

• Like 1

Seb,

How right. You. Are.Fortunately we have had the strength on this forum to deal with those who let the forum down. Those with poor a disrespectful attitude have been dealt with by the forum leads effectively.

The whole atmosphere here is one of respect and education. Long may it be so.

Jim

• Like 2

Hi Guys .

Here to stick in my 2 eggs.

One thing in this hoby that rearly pisses me off are some of the high end dealers.

The Likes of Wittman to just name one.These (old school) dealers do and will tell such a lot of crap to sell items.

Now the problem is after 3o plus years and being top of their class ,what they have told as originals but rearly fakes get believed.

These people have and still do sell fakes and lie to your face.You pull them up and they will set the fourm dogs onto you.

I got a right rude reply when i told a certain dealer (top one) the HJ olympic knife was an 1980s invention and the DJ knife was a load of cxxp.These people try to re make history to suit their pocket.

The funny thing with these Defenders of the SS and KC ,good lord these are truley odd people.They ARE neo nazis you do not come out with such sxxt unless you are.They are so stupid dont they think that special branch or other security services are looking in and they will be going on a list.(dumm asses  ).i went to join a SS re inactment group ,but after hearing the crap some of those were spouting i didnt bother.My beautiful little girl of 9 is mixed race ,i could not put up with hearing that crap.

As said though have a pile of people and you will find a few dicks in there.

I like it here (nice folk ) and i can waffel on like this for hours and no one will tell me where to go.

thanks to you all .

Remember hate is preached by the ignorent so come on you all HUG A NAZI lets feel the love

• Like 2

I agree with you Jim. I will add also that when it become big it become also politic and THIS is the main problem IMO...

• Like 1

I went back to look at WAF about 4 months ago after not visiting the site since 2009, wow it's changed for the worse, it was going bad in 2009 - but the rot has certainly spread. 

Thankfully there are still some very decent forums out there - like here. 

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 2

Hello All.

When i originally replied to this thread in #2 my chain of thought was far from the forum WAF.

Infact it was another forum in my mind.

Its sad to read that other members have had bad experiances.

I will state it again...Collecting is supposed to be Fun but serious at the same time.Thats why i decided to hang my hat up on here.

Happy hunting gents. :thumbup:

• Like 2

I got banned from WAF for 3 months just for saying any posts about Craig Gottlieb or Tom Wittmann are deleted. I did not say anything about them - just that the posts are always erased - how can you learn anything? I am not trying to start anything - just trying to learn something about TR militaria which is a minefield. I am retired living on a fixed income and can't afford to take big losses with fakes. WAF has become a big bore - all you can say is stuff like "That is a beautiful dagger" - or risk being kicked out. I am trying to relax and have fun and not waste time with this sort of stuff.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

No its happened to lots of members who have posted original items then they find they are banned for exposing rubbish being sold by the CLICK

It's become a real snake-pit on WAF. I've been there for almost 10 years, and members have PMed me privately, wondering what is going on. Some have told me that have stopped collecting TR items because of the nastiness. Some of the little guys can be bashed incessantly, but say anything about 2 or 3 of the big boy dealers and you and your postings are kicked out. I almost gave up collecting myself, but I like TR, and don't like being pushed around.

• Like 1