Argunners Magazine

A Beobachter who flew with Kampfgeschwader 76 and Kampfgeschwader 54.

He would eventually earn the DKiG, Ehrenpokal and the Frontflug-Spange für Kampfflieger in Gold mit Anhänger.  

A Frontflug-Spange für Kampfflieger is clearly evident on his Soldbuch identity photo.

Regards Richard.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

Nice thread with great photos. Pollux, yours with mosquée in background is spectacular : near a "photo souvenir" in fact !

And I love the cossack one...

Here is one I like very much, even if it damaged :

related to an artillery Lt who fought in Festung Brest between august and mid september 44.

Second photo was not on the Sb. And unfortuntaly sold separatly, so now in an unknow collection and country.

• Like 2

Typical photo taken in Italy.....

I have never noticed befor you said that but it is true, this type of fotos seems to come out of Italy. I googled "Grazer Gruppe" and found the Neuhammer Stuka-Accident where 13 Stukas collided with the ground and all crew members died. Don't have more info about your guy but lucky he was not one of them.

Attached another photo. Not easily visible but he is wearing a Fallschirmjäger Abzeichen in cloth.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Michael1000 said:

I googled "Grazer Gruppe" and found the Neuhammer Stuka-Accident where 13 Stukas collided with the ground and all crew members died. Don't have more info about your guy but lucky he was not one of them.

I originally bought his Soldbuch and some years later found his Wehrpaß....I have just rechecked the date of his transfer in the Wehrpaß and it was 18.8.1939, three days after the above incident. So he was a replacement for the lost crews from the Gruppe.....prior to that he was 2/Sturzkampf Geschwader 77.

/Ian

Great idea for a thread! 

Not mine, but this is the one of Oberst Johannes Wiese, RK-OL

• Like 2

Time for another one.....

This time a Bordfunker from (primarily) Kampfgeschwader 100, he would eventually be awarded the EK 1 and Frontflug-Spange fur Kampfflieger in Gold.

Always nice to see a Fronflug-Spange on a Soldbuch photo.

Regards Richard.

• Like 1

I like frontflugspangen a lot, always nice to see one on the picture. I have never seen one wearing a spange for Schlachtflieger but I guess finding one of those is a real challenge.

Here is one of mine with Demjansk Schild.

• Like 2

Here is one interressant, of a Flak soldier in Italy.

• Like 2

Thanks to all those who have shared. Very nice to see. I haven't yet delved into this realm; but seeing all these wonderful documents is making me consider. 

Best Regards,

JustinG

On 5/14/2018 at 4:01 AM, JustinG said:

Thanks to all those who have shared. Very nice to see. I haven't yet delved into this realm; but seeing all these wonderful documents is making me consider. 

Best Regards,

JustinG

Jump in - you know you want to! : )

8 hours ago, Kevin H said:

Jump in - you know you want to! : )

I can only recommend that too. Those ID documents are still relatively inexpensive. An EK1 easily costs 200 while you might get the soldbuch of the same guy for 100. And with the soldbuch you have an item of which you know who owned it and which was actually with that particular soldier all the time. It cannot get much better, can it? 😊

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.