Historical War Militaria Forum
Ris

Eyewitness Museum near Maastricht, Netherlands

Recently visited  whist visting friends who live outside of Maastricht a museum  which I believe is relatively new at Beek. The address is Maastrichterlaan 45, 691 AB Beek. Their web site is www.eyewitnesswo2.nl which shows snapshots of the 13 dioramas in the museum.

"The museum exhibits the European history of  the Second World War in words and images by means of film, photography and display cases containing original uniforms and attributes". It does concentrate on the occupation of The Netherlands and follows the path of August Segel a Fallschirmjager from training to the final days of the war in Berlin through his letters home.

Most impressive was the large collection of "original" medals and badges and original artifacts showing the Fuhrer signature on a Knights Cross Award Document and at least one item I would just love to have a salesmen's display case of medals and badges from Steinhauer & Luck.

Would be interested in hearing of any members visit and their thoughts.

Regards

Ris

Thanks Ris, I just check the photo's that were available to view, and they have made some very nice displays, very well put together.    It's great that people put these links up, as for me I am located in Australia and for me it would be hard for me to visit these Museums now days.  

Lou