Historical War Militaria Forum

A fine example Dave, certainly has some age to it and the thick halyard rope shows its an old one but these are so hard to date with much accuracy except in certain cases.  Very nice.

• Like 2

Dave, nice flag but you have photographed it upside down, the broad white stripe should be at the top. A bit picky I know but it bugs me that Brits do not know how to fly the flag correctly. With the narrow white band at the top it indicates distress.  Maybe the country is in !!!.

Gerry 

• Like 1

Dave, nice flag but you have photographed it upside down, the broad white stripe should be at the top. A bit picky I know but it bugs me that Brits do not know how to fly the flag correctly. With the narrow white band at the top it indicates distress.  Maybe the country is in !!!.

Gerry 

Indeed, the flying of it upside down is said to have been used as a secret warning in the past, though I have not seen any history to go with that, perhaps you can Gerry?

Hi Dave,

Nice flag.

Not much to go by, as it seems only to be stamped with "union jack"

Thanks for showing your flag.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Dave, I only remember being taught about the flag and its make up and reasons for the method of flying when in the Scouts back in the 50s.

Regards Gerry

The reason it's upside down is that that was the best way to photograph it, I knew it was upside down when I took the pic, I should have sorted it out to get a decent pic showing the flag the right way up, sorry about that gents!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.