Historical War Militaria Forum

JustinG:

Hello my friend! Thank you for sharing your latest acquisitions with the forum, nice cap tallies.

Best regards,

John

Hi Justin,

Two Uboat related Mützenbänder in a nicely worn condition.

I like the worn ones above mint condition.

Thank you for showing them on the forum.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

I agree with you Eric JB.  I like a bit of wear to a Mützenband. 

I also have a soft spot for the metalfaden or metal thread tallies as well.  There is more character with them.  They show their age and character; they are definitely higher maintenance and require much more delicate handling than their cellon or Baumwool versions, but it is worth it, to me at least for the character. 
Also, it truly establishes a provenance of the age of the tally as metalfaden versions were used so much earlier on during Reichsmarine/ early KM days. 

However,
I would bend my rules and accept a lovely Cotton Zerstörer Anton Schmitt.  To my knowledge, these were only produced in baumwool. My last tally left to allow me to complete the entire Zerstörer fleet.

Regards,

JustinG

• Like 1

I also have a soft spot for the metalfaden or metal thread tallies as well.  There is more character with them.  They show their age and character; they are definitely higher maintenance and require much more delicate handling than their cellon or Baumwool versions, but it is worth it, to me at least for the character. 

Also, it truly establishes a provenance of the age of the tally as metalfaden versions were used so much earlier on during Reichsmarine/ early KM days. 

Hi Justin,

Indeed, I can only second that.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

I have acquired another extremely rare tally.  I wasn't sure of it's existence:  I have currently the 1. Schnellbootshalbflottille.1, the 1. Schnellbootsflottille.1, the 2.Schnellbootsflottille 2. and the Schnellbootsbeglietschiff Tanga.

I am still hunting for the Unterseebootsbeglietschiff Tsingtau. 

However, I discovered that there was a pre-tally produced pre-Schnellboot designation.  UZ(s)  this standing for Unterseeboot Zerstörer (S) for schnell.   I was totally unaware these pre-term schellboot tallies existed.   I am very happy to be adding this and will send you photos of the tally one it arrives.  The tally is  "UZ(s) Halbflottille".

I am also upgrading my Artillerieschulschiff Bremse tally, I figure, a nice wappen needs a nice crisp metallfaden version.  (Anything else would be uncivilized)  :)

Thanks,

JustinG

So I edited the watermark out as it is now confirmed on its way over.  Can you guess who the seller was?  :confused::smile:

Here is my "UZ(S) halbflottille" :)

Regards,

JustinG

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.