Historical War Militaria Forum

First one i am almost sure is from August Korreng...

Second one is oberstleutnant der Schutzpolizei in Dusseldorf,but i can' find who could be

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Dear Friends,

I would be grateful if someone could translate this paragraph into English for me.

I usually use on online translation service but I was unable to copy the text in this instance. Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Pierce

Hi Pierce,

I do type with two fingers only, so my translation will perhaps take more time than you typing the German text into the online translation service yourself.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Hi Pierce,

I do type with two fingers only, so my translation will perhaps take more time than you typing the German text into the online translation service yourself.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Don't worry E-J- I will type it myself rather than you doing it. I was just hoping some native German speaker could give the translation with no trouble, but none are available it seems.

Best

Pierce

Alberto,

this is a bit late, but your first signature, as you have already said, is really August Korreng. A friend of mine collects autographs of only the Schutzpolizei. If you would provide me some higher resolution pictures and pictures of the whole document I can forward it to him and see if he can help you.

Regards

Guy

Hi G,

Welcome onboard the historical war militaria forum.

I hope you like to stay around here.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Hey folks,

I came across three postcards on a flea market not long ago. They show three military people, one in the Luftwaffe (Unteroffizier, NCO); one in the SS (Obersturmführer, 1. Lieutenant) and one in the Wehrmacht (Unteroffizier, NCO). The postcard of the SS guy is in Kiew, Ukraine, in March 1943, and has some text on the back. I can read some of it but not all. Is somebody able to identify the names of the soldiers?

Best regards,

Guy

I am currently researching a Lehrgeschwader 1 set of documents, and need some help deciphering the attached mission detail.

To provide some background information, it relates to a 1./Lehrgeschwader 1 mission flown on 16-June-1944 during which the aircraft was damaged either by Flak or the result of a night-fighter attack, wounding the Flugzeugfuhrer.  

Ian Jewison was kind enough to provide the basic loss details:

16-June-1944    1./Lehrgeschwader 1, Luftflotte 3     Seine-Bucht    Air combat with a night fighter

Aircraft: Junkers Ju 88 A-4 (Werk Nr. 801482) ‘L1 + AH’   %

Crew: Leutnant Krahmer, Kuno. Flugzeugführer. Wounded.

If anyone can provide an exact translation of the writing in the right hand column, I would be very grateful indeed for your help.  

Futhermore, if anyone has any info on the area of operations/targeting for 1./Lehrgeschwader 1 that day, that too would be very well received,

Hopeful in anticipation.

Regards Richard.

Hey Pierce,

I am native German, but I have joined this forum only recently. Have you translated it by now?

Greetings

Thank you for your reply and offer of help. I did manage to get this translated.

Danke!

Pierce

Would someone be good enough to translate this please?

Thanks

Pierce

Pierce,

I am not really sure what the third word is, my best guess is Sendungsantrag, but that word in that context makes no real sense.

Berechtigt zum Sendungsantrag des Führungsausschusses 17.12.1943 Oberst und 1. Adjutant

Authorizes for the sending offer of the leading-board 17.12.1943 Colonel and 1. Adjutant

Hope that helps,

Greetings Guy

I still can't fully work it out.......left and right columns on the right page....

Starke Flak aller Kaliber und Nachtjäger - Strong Flak all calibers and night fighter

Sondereinsatz in der Seinebucht. Auftrag ? mengen Zerstörung der Bombenaufhängung? ? des ? durch mehren Flakvolltreffer in der Konzel? nicht durchgeführt werden. Sämtliche FT Geräte zerstört. Flugzeugführer verwundet.

/Ian

• Like 1

Berechtigt zum Empfang des Führergeschenks - Entitled to receive the Führer gift.  - A parcel of food coupons, ration cards, tobocca, alcohol or money when going on leave.

Ian

The Luftwaffe NCO is called ``Geront Ampfer''.

The Heer NCO is called ``Josef Piner'' from the 119th Inf. Rgt.

The old guy is not in the SS, but in the Reichspost. Its writing is on the front Wien März 1943 and on the back:

Wie uns Herr Ginforger in die Ukraine geschickt hat, ein Bild das im Wiener Preller aufgenommen worden ist. Aber in den nächsten Tagen bekommen wir eine neue Uniform - für alle Zivilbehörden gleich, nur mit besonderen Ärmelabzeichen. Wir besitzen nur … und getragene, braun gefärbte Postschuztuniform ähnlich der 4. oder 5. bei der Russischen. Aber deshalb wollen wir doch am Endsieg mithelfen. Mit Herzlichen Grüßen und Nachträglichen besten Osterwünschen Ihnen und Ihre lieben. Ihr Rudi.

I think it is Keshau, it seems German but the only name that popped up was in Brittany, France.

Ian

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have only just looked back at this thread.

Unfortunatly for myself in researching this Leistungbuch, the handwriting is not the easiest to decipher by a mile, especially frustrating as his missions included Anzio and Normandy!

However, I really am made up with what you have managed to translate and that really is a good help.  Many thanks as always.

Regards Richard.

Would someone be good enough to help translate this text please (No. 12)?

I can read most of it but I am not sure about all the abbreviations.

Thank you

Pierce

Hi,

in german....kommandiert bei der Kriegsschule Glogau......Kriegsschule Bromberg versetzt, später Reserve Infanterie Rgiment 7

greets

I would appreciate some help with a direct translation of these 3 sentences.

Thank you

Pierce

Having been promoted on May 1st 1895 to Lieutenant-Colonel and shifted on October 15th 1895 to Troop-Support at Ulanen-Regiment 13 he was kept in the General-Staff. On December 2nd 1896 he was given command of the 1st Division of the Ulanen-Regiment 13 in Brody, North-East of Lemberg on the Austria-Russian border. Here he was promoted to Colonel on May 1st 1897. Since 1898 he was in command of the full regiment in Grodek, south-west of Lemberg in Galicia.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.