Historical War Militaria Forum

Arrived today, bought from ebay.  It looked a bit bright white in the sellers pics and it did concern me that it might be iffy but in the hand it is quite dirty with signs of age so I have no doubts it is all correct, circa WWII or perhaps a little after.  It was originally listed with some other items with make offers which I did but I was refused by the seller.  It was relisted and did not sell but after a third listing I got it for a very good price.  To be honest, if it had not looked so bright in the sellers pics I would have paid his original asking price for it as I have never seen another for sale for this Division.  I took pictures with two different digital cameras as one of them did the same as the sellers pics and made the white look to clean and bright to have age, whilst the newer DSLR captured the true colours much better.

What makes it extra good apart from the bargain price is that my Dad served with the division pre and during WWII in their div signals unit.

It needs ironing as it has some folds in it though I have now hung it so perhaps they will drop out over time.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

Hi Jerry,

Getting better and better with this one.

Welsh (of course !) and even better - that your father served with the same division.

Clearly a want to have for you and your collection.

And a very nice eye-catcher.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Thanks E-J, it really was a must have and such a rare item, I have never seen another for sale as such items rarely leave the unit and when they do it is because they have been presented to leaving senior members.  Or pinched by squaddies!

Je wiz it just gets better and better with you.

Where are you finding these little welsh GEMs ?

Je wiz it just gets better and better with you.

Where are you finding these little welsh GEMs ?

Dave, I had a good run of luck recently, with finding items on a Visit to Cardiff as well as grabbing this and some others from Ebay.  A bit like buses, lots turned up at once so I spent out but you have to buy these things when you see them as you only regret it otherwise.

:smile:

• Like 1

Way to go, Jerry! Not only a great find at a bargain price but your father serving with this division makes it priceless. Love it!

Many complain about ebay but if you know what you're looking for you can find great things. I've had a lot of luck on there and especially on ebay UK.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

Luke

• Like 1

Way to go, Jerry! Not only a great find at a bargain price but your father serving with this division makes it priceless. Love it!

Many complain about ebay but if you know what you're looking for you can find great things. I've had a lot of luck on there and especially on ebay UK.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

Luke

Thanks Luke.  As you can imagine, I was very happy to snag this one.  I have never seen another for sale to the 53rd Welsh Division.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.