Historical War Militaria Forum

I have only seen this maker's tombak KVK's with vertical mark, I don't say its a bad one though, just interesting. 

#50's did have two maker marks. A horizontal & a vertical. The makers name escapes me right now. I'd like to see straight on pics of both sides, not the pic angles you've posted. Also detailed pics of the catch & hinge if possible. There are fakes of these out there. Stewy

#50's did have two maker marks. A horizontal & a vertical. The makers name escapes me right now. I'd like to see straight on pics of both sides, not the pic angles you've posted. Also detailed pics of the catch & hinge if possible. There are fakes of these out there. Stewy

Hello Stewy. I have only seen horizontal mm on the pin on zinc variants. On tombak variants horizonal mm is on the cross itself. Maker is Karl Gschiermeister by the way.

Thanks on the maker Hans. You may be right on the zinc M/M. Either way better pics are needed, even if only for reference. Stewy

I will provide new photos soon ... so i was right to be doubtful about this piece ...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hello Stewy. I have only seen horizontal mm on the pin on zinc variants. On tombak variants horizonal mm is on the cross itself. Maker is Karl Gschiermeister by the way.

Yes. In case the maker is Gschiermeister

Its seems to be a 50 but i'm not sure...what do you think about?

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but I think it isn't 50 at all.  Looks like 51

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but I think it isn't 50 at all.  Looks like 51

At first I thought so too, but I think it just the light which hides some parts of the "0".

I have surfed the web searching for others KvK 1 for comparison... and i found that this kind of award is very very difficult to find on selling.... 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.