Historical War Militaria Forum
joaobr

A Brazilian civil war helmet (1932 uprising) with damage

Hello gentlemen,

I would like to share with you this helmet of the "Paulista" model of the Brazilian civil war of 1932.

During that war, steel helmets were used for the first time in Brazil. When the war between the state of São Paulo and the federal government of Brazil, São Paulo began to prepare for the conflict. With that, São Paulo started making steel helmets based on 2 helmets from the first war that a Brazilian collector had brought to Brazil.
Three different models were manufactured at the same time: one based on MKI and two based on Adrian. One of the two models based on Adrian had its design changed by São Paulo. That is why it was called the "paulista" model. You can see little difference at the top of the helmet.

The war only lasted approximately 3 months. São Paulo lost militarily, but won some political victories.

I got this helmet from a distant relative of a veteran who served with the forces of São Paulo. It had been stored since the war when the family decided to see it with other old items. I just bought the helmet.

It has two significant damages: One on the outside front, and another that looks like it came from the "inside out" direction.

I hope you enjoyed. And I would like to hear your opinions about this helmet and its strange marks.

Thanks!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.